What you need about our water testing service. Find out the details of the preparation you need to complete prior to bringing in a water sample.
Free water testing
The Oasis Pools retail shop offers a free water testing service for their client’s pools & spas. If you are not already a client, then we can add you to our water test database. This allows us to record the details of your water chemistry and correct accordingly.
The information you need to bring in with your test
Details of your pool will be required. These include:
- what your pool water looks like on the day
- the litreage of your pool (see below)
- pool surface type (fibreglass, concrete or vinyl)
- filtration equipment (a photo or brand and model number)
- Other equipment details such as the salt-chlorinator model.
- The names of chemicals you use (i.e. Ezi-Chlor powder/liquid chlorine).
How do I calculate the litreage of my pool?
The litreage of your pool is calculated using the length (L), width (W), and average depth (D) in meters. L x W x D = litreage of your pool. For example a rectangular pool with the following dimensions is calculated like this:
Length 8m, width 4m, shallowest depth 1m, deepest depth 3m.
8 (L) x 14 (W) x 2 (D=1+3/2) x1000 = 64,000L.
When taking your measurements it is better to overestimate than to underestimate.
How to take a correct sample of water:
- Bring a sample of your pool water in a non-toxic container. A plastic water bottle is ideal. However, do not use a used soft drink bottle.
- Take a sample of water at elbow depth, NOT off the surface.
What you get with water testing at Oasis Pools:
We have used manual and automated testing. Currently we offer manual testing as we find it is more accurate. We have a number of tests we complete in-store.
Depending on whether you have a pool or spa water sample and your equipment we test for a mixture of the following. Your test and report are customised to you and we give detailed advice.
- Water hardness
- Water stabiliser
- Total Dissolved Solids
All water tests carried out in-store come with a report and chemical advice.
We are specialists and can find a solution to most of your pool or spa related questions. Contact us today with your question.
OASIS POOLS & SPAS GALLERY
The above gallery shows some of our finished pools.
With over 40 years experience in the industry Oasis Pools & Spas is your “One Stop Shop” for all your pool and spa requirements.
We specialise in the construction of new concrete pools and spas and the renovation of existing pools and spas. Enquire today to get one of our team members to organise a free consultation.