AquaSpa Treatment Guide
TREAT A NEW SPA, SWIM SPA, OR HOT TUB WITH AQUASPA
Treating your new spa or swim spa with the AquaSpa chlorine and bromine-free system is an easy process that will get you in your spa as quickly as possible!
- Fill spa, swim spa, or hot tub with water. Leave the cover off.
- Premix 50gms of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover per 1,000L in a bucket of water and add to your spa water.
- Run the circulation pump and add the premixed chlorine remover.
- Run your circulation pump for 2 hours prior to adding any other chemical.
- Check pH, Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness level. The ideal level of Alkalinity is between 80-140ppm; the ideal level of pH is between 7.2-7.6 and the ideal level of Calcium Hardness is between 80-120ppm.
- Use AquaSpa Alkalinity Enhancer or AquaSpa pH Reducer to adjust your pH and Alkalinity levels as required. Note that these products enhance or reduce both pH and Alkalinity
- Use AquaSpa Calcium Enhancer to increase the calcium if necessary.
- Add AquaSpa Spa Shock at 50gms per 1,000L. Run your filter pump only for 1 hour.
- Add AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser at 60ml per 1,000L. Run your filter pump only for 30 minutes.
- Add AquaSpa Spa Kleer at 60ml per 1,000L. Run your filter pump only for 30 minutes.
- Run your filter pump for a minimum of 6 hours, or until your spa water is clear.
- After 24 hours remove your filter cartridge and clean with AquaSpa Instant Filter Klenz.
- More is not better – DO NOT OVERDOSE.
- When adding chemicals, run the filter pump only.
- A light brown foam may appear around the waterline, depending on the source water quality. This is a normal aftereffect as the Shock oxidizes water impurities. Simply wipe off the foam with a soft cloth. For a persistent line of brown scum add a further dose of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover.
- AquaSpa is not compatible with chlorine or bromine-based products. DO NOT COMPLIMENT TREATMENT WITH THESE PRODUCTS
- Always remove the cover when adding chemicals and leave uncovered for at least 30 minutes after treatment to allow the spa to ‘breathe’.
- Your spa should be allowed to breathe daily for 30 minutes with the cover removed
- Add half a dose (25gm per 1000 litres) of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover prior to topping up your spa, swim spa, or hot tub.
- Your spa should be drained at least once per year (more often with higher bather loads). Use AquaSpa Pipe Klenz to clean oils and body fats from your pipe work.